Maid Of The Mist
Burger Boat Company was contracted to fabricate the hull and superstructure modules for the new Maid Of The Mist Passenger Vessels, the JAMES V. GLENN and NIKOLA TESLA. These modules were then shipped to Buffolo, New York where they were lowered into the Niagara River Gorge for final assembly by the Maid Of The Mist team. The JAMES V. GLYNN and NIKOLA TESLA are the first all electric passenger vessels in the United States and went into operation in October 2020.
To learn more, visit Maid of the Mist.
Maid of the Mist
Burger Boat Company is proud to be a part of the these exciting new passenger vessels.
- Owner/Operator: Maid of the Mist
- Builder (modules): Burger Boat Company
- Designer: Data Propulsion Services
- Type: Aluminum catamaran tour vessel
- Crew: 6
- Passengers: 600
- Length: 90’ 6”
- Beam: 34’ 4”
- Draft: 5’ 9”
- Service Speed: 8 knots
- Max Speed: 11 knots
- Potable water: 105 gallons
- Black/Gray Water 105 Gallons
- Electric propulsion motors: 2x Ramme Electric Machines, 200 kW
- Batteries: 2x Spear Power Systems Lithium-ion batteries, 158 kW
- Thrusters: 2x Veth VL-200E azimuth L-Drive
- Bow Thrusters: 2x 60 kW Naiad Dynamics model 20 right angle thruster
- Display: Furuno Navnet TZTouch 15” display
- VHF Radio: Motorola
- UHF Radio: Motorola
- Radar: Solid state Doppler
- Depth: 2x Thru-hull depth transducer
Other Key Equipment
- Distribution System: ABB EP Industrial Solutions low voltage
- Charging Connection: Cavotec SA
- Charging transformer: Transfor SA
Dimensions, weight, performance and capacities are approximate. Please consult Burger Boat Company for complete details.