Exercise sound judgment on a regular and continuous basis and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences and results having an impact on people and quality of service within the functional area.
Possess the ability to communicate positively and effectively with employees, co-workers, suppliers, and vendors. It is especially important to communicate effectively, accurately, and regularly with customer departments within Burger Boat Company, including Finance, Purchasing, and Production.
Preferred: Degree in Naval Architecture
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field is a plus
- Hull design and evaluation
- Structural Detailing knowledge
- First Principal Structural Calculation knowledge
- Aluminum and Steel Structural Experience
- Lofting and NC Nesting Experience
- Experience with weight monitoring processes is a plus
- Experience in design requirements of Motor Yachts in the 50 to 200 foot range is a plus
- Shipyard new construction, repair and refit experience is a plus
- Marine Mechanical Systems is a plus
- ABS, MCA, and/or Lloyd’s working knowledge is a plus
- Primary software design tool knowledge: (AutoCAD, ShipConstructor, Navisworks, Rhino, etc.)
- Planning and scheduling detail work to a Master Schedule is a plus
Generally an office environment, working at a computer while seated at a desk. Significant time spent on the production floor, observing yacht construction or repair projects, answering build questions, and advising on best practices.
This description is a general summary of the required skills and major duties and responsibilities of the position. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.