Responsible for managing, leading, and coaching all members of the Mechanical team.
Exercise judgment on a regular and continuous basis and assume responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people and quality of service within the operational area.
Must demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment. Must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Must possess the ability to communicate positively and effectively with management, employees, co-workers, suppliers, and vendors.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, an Associate degree in a mechanical field, and a minimum of 5 years hands-on experience is required.
- Prior experience managing direct reports required.
- Ability to read and work from blueprints.
- Advanced working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Prior experience within the shipbuilding industry preferred.
- Prior experience and training in Lean Manufacturing preferred.
- Knowledge of or experience with engineering software like CAD, 3-D Modeling, and the Micro-Soft Suite is preferred
This description is a general summary of the required skills and major duties and responsibilities of the position. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.