Exercise sound judgment on a regular and continuous basis and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences and results having an impact on people and quality of service within the functional area.
Possess the ability to communicate positively and effectively with employees, co-workers, suppliers and vendors. It is especially important to communicate effectively, accurately and regularly with customer departments within Burger Boat Company, including Finance, Purchasing, and Production.
Preferred: Degree in Marine Engineering
- Internships in a related field is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field is a plus
- Marine Mechanical systems experience
- Piping and HVAC Design Experience
- Experience in design requirements of Motor Yachts in the 50 to 200 foot range is a plus
- Shipyard new construction, repair and refit experience is a plus
- Structural Detailing knowledge is a plus
- ABS and MCA working knowledge is a plus
- First Principal Structural Calculation knowledge is a plus
- Aluminum Structural Experience is a plus
- Primary software design tool knowledge: (AutoCAD, Navisworks, Rhino, etc.)
Generally an office environment, working at a computer while seated at a desk. Significant time spent on the production floor, observing yacht construction or repair projects, answering build questions and advising on best practices.
This description is a general summary of the required skills and major duties and responsibilities of the position. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.