Exercise administrative judgment on a regular and continuous basis and assume responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people and quality of service within the functional area.
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are important as the position must communicate positively and effectively with co-workers at all levels of the organization, contracted engineering partners, suppliers, and vendors.
A Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering is required. Equivalent experience and/or training may be considered.
- Project Management and/or team environment experience.
- Experience in design requirements and industry trends of Motor Yachts and commercial vessels in the range of 75-150 feet, both steel and aluminum.
- Shipyard new construction, repair, and refit experience preferred.
- 2D and 3D CAD experience – AutoCAD, Rhino, and other ship specific design software.
- Marine Mechanical and Piping systems thorough working knowledge.
- Working familiarity with class and flag standards, such as ABS, Lloyd’s, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a marine design and construction environment is preferred.
Generally working in an office environment and at a desk with occasional light lifting required. Frequent visits to both the joiner facility and the shipyard are also required along with the ability to ascend/descend staircases while observing designs onboard projects.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.