The General Laborer is expected to help in all production areas where needed, keep assigned work areas (specifically boats and buildings) clean and orderly, and to help any of the trades as the needs dictate. Reporting to the Maintenance and Facilities Manager, this role includes the maintenance, repair and cleaning of all grounds, facilities, and work projects in progress. This position has the potential to be a transitional one, with associates cross training and working toward advancement into other roles of increased responsibilities in the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist production departments and employees where assigned, this will include procuring materials or tools, cleaning work areas, and generally assisting other production employees with assigned tasks
- Keep assigned building/facility, boat, and boat areas clean
- Keep work area, equipment, machines, etc. clean and orderly
- Operate forklift safely and efficiently
- Pick up/deliver materials for all boats, shops, and storeroom as required
- Work all special assignments as designated by supervisor
- Work safely and independently
- Possess willingness and ability to learn new jobs and take instructions
- Provide training to new employees
High School Diploma preferred.
Physical strength to perform work standing, bending, squatting, kneeling, and climbing. Must be able to work indoors and out, under a variety of weather conditions, using basic hand tools, cleaning materials, chemicals, aluminum sheets, extrusions, bar stock, fairing compounds, paints, and other yacht related materials as a helper would experience.
Must be able to properly use equipment and tools with proper training. This includes, but is not limited to, hand tools, power tools, grinding tools, cutting tools, forklift, lifting aids, motor vehicles, etc.
NOTE: This position description does not include a complete or exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. All associates are expected to perform other duties as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please click here to access our online application
or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.