Must possess excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and written skills, including the ability to listen, talk, and teach. Possess the ability to communicate verbally and in writing positively and effectively with employees, co-workers, suppliers, and vendors. Demonstrate an all-pervasive positive attitude.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, maritime sciences, or related field is preferred.
Shipyard new construction, repair, and refit experience preferred with ship design and construction, particularly in cross functional roles preferred.
Working knowledge of the following preferred:
- All common MS Office applications, with emphasis on spreadsheet analysis and graphing
- Scheduling software, such as SmartSheet, MS Project, or similar
- 3D modelling and 2D CAD systems, preferably with some experience in Rhino and AutoCAD
- Earned Value Management
- LEAN manufacturing theory
- ERP systems, such as Infor or similar
Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time while operating a computer with occasional light lifting. Position also required regular visits to the Shipyard with climbing of stairs, ladders, and inspection of enclosed spaces.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.