POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Engineering. This position has no direct reports.
Exercise judgment consistent with Burger’s mission, vision, and code of business conduct regularly and continuously. Assume full responsibility for appropriate decisions, consequences, and results impacting Burger, its staff, vendors, and the quality of service within the assigned operational area.
The Electrical Engineer works with neighboring departments, senior management, purchasing, vendors, and occasionally clients or client representatives. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering required.
- Advanced working knowledge of electrical systems required
- Ability to read and work from blueprints and other technical drawings
- Experience working with AutoCAD and in a Marine environment preferred
- Knowledge and experience of the Microsoft platform (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and other Engineering software programs
The Electrical Engineer works in both an office/desk setting, as well as on the production floor and on the vessel. Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolds, work in confined spaces, bend, squat, kneel, etc. Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds occasionally. Will work in an environment with noise, occasional heat, cold, and other factors.
This description is a general statement of required primary duties and responsibilities performed regularly and continuously. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Printer Friendly Version