Under Construction - BURGER 50 CRUISER
*Images shown are of the Burger 50 Cruiser's sister ship
Continuing the success of the first two Burger Cruisers, the Burger 50 Cruiser is currently under construction and available for immediate sale. This Burger Cruiser will feature yet another stunning interior from the offices of De Basto Designs in Miami, Florida as well as Vripack's patented Slide Hull design. Contact Burger to learn more details or bring your ideas to the final design.
The Burger 50 Cruiser utilizes a patented hull shape, the Slide Hull®. This hull design was developed by Vripack Naval Architects in the Netherlands and has been used successfully on many vessels working the North Sea. Burger also tank tested this hull at Wolfson Unit in the United Kingdom to confirm its performance.
The Slide Hull® provides several advantages over a typical planing hull form. These include:
- Significantly improved ride quality and reduced pounding. According to the test results, “the Slide Hull® is a good motion damping hull shape. The vessel does not dive deep into the waves but ‘cushions’ onto the water surface, thus reducing the pitching motion.
- Reduced resistance and thus reduced fuel consumption for a given speed. For example, at 26 knots, resistance was 14% less than a traditional planing hull.
- Reduced running angle. By incorporating Interceptors, the 50 Cruiser does not experience the typical planing hull bow rise as she gets up on plane.
- The Slide Hull® is one that handles weight changes with little effect on performance.
- The Slide Hull’s® voluminous fore body prevents breaching in a following sea. This fuller fore body also affords more use of that volume for her interior accommodations.
The 50 Cruiser is built utilizing marine grade aluminum. This, combined with Burger’s construction techniques, use of properly certified welders and the latest paint systems, will provide you with a yacht that is strong and easy to maintain. In fact, to provide our customers additional piece of mind, Burger offers a Lifetime Warranty on the Hull Structure and a five (5) year blister warranty on the 50 Cruiser.
Mechanically, the Burger 50 Cruiser features two, 600HP Volvo Penta D8-IPS800 main propulsion engines. These engines, combined with joystick maneuvering and Volvo Penta’s Dynamic Positioning System (DPS) feature, provides a design that is fast and nimble and that can be easily maneuvered in tight spaces.
In addition, Burger is installing the following features in the 50 Cruiser:
- Volvo Penta’s Clear Wake System. This directs the exhaust gases to an above water discharge while at idle. This eliminates the gurgling that you may have seen on production boats with IPS drives.
- The interceptor system installed is Volvo Penta’s most advanced system to date. The computerized system includes Volvo’s Auto Trim, List and Coordinated Turn features. These features automatically correct the boats trim and list in order to optimize its performance. Coordinated Turn controls the list angle during turns for improved comfort. The system is programmed to the specific characteristics of each new vessel, making it the ideal choice for use on the Slide Hull®.
- Burger is installing the Seakeeper 6 Gyro Stabilization system. This system is designed to reduce up to 95% of the vessel’s roll.
- A Nautical Structures Hydraulic Swim Platform system is installed. This allows the platform to be lowered into the water for ease of launching and retrieving your tender. It also provides a fun area for swimming and water sports. For ease of access to the platform when in its lowered position, a stair automatically folds out of the platform, thus eliminating the large drop between the transom stair and the lowered platform.
- Burger has also incorporated a barbeque area in the transom, above the swim platform. With the tender launched, you simply open an access cover in the transom to reveal a barbeque, sink and counter space.
- Below the grill surface is a large transom storage garage and access to the ship’s power cord retriever and fresh water connection.
The interior of the 50 Cruiser has been developed in conjunction with De Basto Designs of Miami Florida. Luiz De Basto has a great eye for detail and, together with Burger, has created a very special design.
The Galley area includes a two-burner electric stove, a two-drawer refrigerator/freezer, convection microwave oven and a dishwasher. Opposite the galley is a large U-shaped dining area.
The Helm is forward and features Volvo Penta’s Glass Bridge with two (2) 17” screens and an adjustable helm seat.
An opening window is positioned forward to port and starboard providing 11 square feet per side of fresh air. Above is an electric sunroof for even more fresh air.
Below decks are two staterooms. The full beam Owner’s stateroom is aft and features a queen size berth, ensuite head with shower, storage and a private seating area. Large windows bring in plenty of natural light and, with its two opening portlights, allow you to bring in fresh air.
The Guest cabin is forward and offers you two berth configurations. A queen size berth or, by simply unlatching the foot of the bed and sliding the foot of the bed apart, you can configure the space for two single beds. This stateroom is also provided with significant natural light and an ensuite head with shower.
Other features included on the Burger 50 Cruiser include:
- A Kohler 11 kW Generator in Sound Enclosure
- Fuel Oil Purification System
- Teak Decking on the Exterior Decks
- Glendenning Cable Retractor
- Two (2) Underwater Lights
- Vented Washer Dryer Combo Unit
- Central Vacuum
- Shower at Swim Platform