Would you like to influence the standards for the work you do? Would you like to be part of a team that sets the standards for modern custom motor and sailing yachts as well as commercial vessel construction? Do you value a company that continually invests in Lean manufacturing principles, superior quality, innovation, teamwork and leadership while considering its employees a strategic strength? If your answer is yes, Burger Boat Company is for you!
Burger is internationally renowned for award winning design, quality construction, seaworthiness, reliability and unparalleled customer service. Burger values and recognizes employees for delivering high quality work, who continually seek ways to reduce waste, help to identify and implement process improvements and focus on the delivery of high quality products and services. The Burger team is a collaboration of the finest technical minds of craftspeople and artisans in the marine industry.
Explore the Burger culture of innovative design and high quality construction in a proactive work environment; a culture that was established in 1863 by the founders of Burger and promoted by Burger’s current owners and management team. Burger is one of the oldest shipyards in the USA and the foundation of the American yachting experience.
To send a PDF of your resume and cover letter, please email our Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Please include the job title in the subject line.
Current Open Positions
Job Type: Full-time
Job Status: Interviewing
Location: Burger Boat Company
Burger Boat Company, internationally recognized for quality custom motor yachts since 1863, needs a NAVAL ARCHITECT. We place high priority on candidates with experience project managing “contracted” Naval Architect & Engineering firms, providing information & coordination and assuring compliance to Burger standards and build process. The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Hull Design/evaluation
- Performance prediction including sea keeping/stability & incline testing
- Weight Monitoring/lifting and movement requirements
- Class standard understanding of USCG, Lloyds, ABS, DNV, IMO, MCA, SOLAS, ABYC
- Flag State Rules
- Shipyard manufacturing interface (all disciplines)
- Lofting and NC Nesting (Bill of Materials)
- Marine Mechanical systems
- Aluminum/Steel / Structural calculation including detailing
We require candidates with significant demonstrated experience using 2D/3D CAD platforms and a working knowledge of Ship Constructor, AutoCAD, Fastship, ShipCam, Orca and Rhino. We also require a degree in Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering with a preference for marine boat building experience.
We offer excellent wages and benefits including:
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Vacation/PTO flexibility
- Educational Assistance
- Supplemental Life
- Flex Spending Accounts
- RX Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Wellness Program
- Health Insurance + savings
Burger Boat Company continues to be recognized for design excellence, participative “LEAN” principles applied throughout our operations, quality construction, seaworthiness, reliability and an entrepreneurial spirit. We build custom yachts, in aluminum and /or steel to 60 meters (200'). As the foundation of the American yachting experience, located in Manitowoc, WI, we are the most respected custom yacht builder in America.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Status: Interviewing
Location: Burger Yacht Sales
Join us at Burger Yacht Sales, a brokerage firm specializing in the sale of significant yachts from multiple manufacturers. Located in the heart of the world’s yachting capital, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Burger Yacht Sales is seeking highly motivated individuals with excellent communication skills, attention to detail, the highest of ethical standards, exceptional work practices, who thrive in team performance. Resumes will be accepted from candidates who have the following credentials:
- Five plus years of brokerage sales experience with large yachts. We have a particular preference for experience selling yachts over 70’ (21m).
- Licensed and bonded in the state of Florida
- Prospecting history of large yacht customers
- Four year BS/BA Degree preferred
- Excellent demonstrated interpersonal skills including large group presentation capability
- Significant working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience in the development of sales plans, measured by execution against plan
- Expertise in customer support
- Expertise in market analysis (trends, competitors, strategies)
Burger offers you a participative work environment, a competitive full commission position and an association with one of the most respected custom yacht builders in America. Since 1863 Burger has been recognized internationally for design, quality construction, seaworthiness, reliability and is the most respected custom yacht builder in America.
We are an equal opportunity employer.